Thursday 8 August 2013

Hello internet, this is Sasspatch

Hello ladies and gents of the fair internet,
I'm Hannah, aka The SassPatch. 
This stupid name was suggested to me by someone who has admittedly had more than their fair share of sass served to them whenever they decided to say something vaguely sarcastic/rude/plain stupid in my direction.


sassy

Pronunciation: /ˈsasi/
adjective (sassiersassiest), informal


  • lively, bold, and full of spirit; cheeky:Toni was smart and sassy and liked to pretend she was a hard nutDerivatives: sassily, adverb; sassiness, noun  (OED)Urban Dictionary defines it as :
    possessing the attitude of someone endowed with an ungodly amount of cool OR Someone who is full of themselves but in a good way. They're cheeky, lively, smart, saucy, slightly impudent, mouthy, cocky, energetic, loud and extremely talkative.

    There's a load of other definitions, but I'm guessing what most of my friends are meaning when they say I have 'the Sass', are those things (maybe not the ungodly amount of cool bit- but that is on urban dictionary, I kid you not).
    I think it's a pretty cool thing I guess to be considered straight-talking and sarcastic, but I kind of hope this blog isn't just me making 'sassy' (read overconfident and under-researched) comments about life in general, but just me typing in my normal 'voice' I guess. However, it suits me and to be honest I can't think of anything else to call the blog, being hopeless when it comes to trying to be catchy and spontaneous and all. SassPatch it is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment